Consistent and open communication between you and your remodel team will enhance your understanding of the project, provide an opportunity to exchange ideas and ultimately help to make the experience a positive one for everyone involved. To facilitate this process, you need to:
• Determine which member of your household will be the prime contact. This will assist the Lead Carpenter and the Designer when they have questions.
• Establish a working relationship with your Lead Carpenter. A weekly meeting will keep you informed. Set up a regular meeting time.
• Your Designer is available to answer any questions or fine-tune the project in addition to the Lead Carpenter.
• Create a place in your house where the contact persons can leave messages for each other.
• Speak up. If you are uncertain about any aspect of the project, be sure to let the contact person know.